Boardsort.com

Your complete E-scrap resource website. LEARN - SELL - PROFIT
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:18 am

Post subject: Re: LCD Glass screens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:22 pm 

Good correction on current prices. Thanks. Interesting. It appears that though both the consumption and production of Indium keeps going up, annual average price appears to keep going down over the past 10 year history since these particular LCD glass screens where manufactured in 2009-10.

Here is another consideration: Recovery of Liquid-Crystal, which appears to be quite valuable. If I'm understanding this correctly it appears the price of Liquid-Crystal is at about $50 per gram. It would seem that this could be rather easily recovered in the mill process then purified. I would like to know about how much liquid-crystal is in each 46" LCD glass screen. I would guess each might contain at least 1 gram of Liquid-Crystal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Here’s what I know, and I understand almost none of this, mind you:
Liquid crystals are not a thing. Not a specific item. They’re a foundational state of existence. Many, (or some say all, theoretically) elementals, and compound elemental alloys, can be liquid crystal. There’s a whole list of viri that are LC.
So you could have a liquid crystal virus or a liquid crystal piece of tin or steel. What makes up the crystals (e.n.) could be theoretically anything but a small list of a few dozen elements are used for making modern displays. Keep in mind though they didn’t understand the why or how, liquid crystal experiments date back into antiquity and display research dates into the late 1880s/1890s.

I’m simply reiterating there’s much more to this than simply crushing some screens and melting them.
You definitely have the quantity needed, and the motivation. Just do a LOT of careful research. But there’s not much more I can say that would be helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:05 pm 

I'm still having no luck finding a buyer for my LCD Glass.
I have inquired with dozens of other potential buyers, still no luck with finding a buyer. Please feel free to let me know if you or of anyone you know of may be interested in buying these. If interested, about how much do you all pay per pound?

I currently have the following quantities available for sale:

LCD Glass Screens from Display Monitors? 
200-250 pounds. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Try the iRecycle app.
It covers free, paid, and buyer, companies in your area. For many many many materials

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:49 am 

If you want to give me a call I might know a place that will buy the screens for $1.00 ea. 814-443-6389

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:47 am 

I too save all my LCD, LED screens and always wondered if there was someone some company willing or offered to refine this material.

Bump the subject please, any ref?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:46 am 
Site Admin

Look above your post. There’s a helpful personal number.
Poor gorven, bet all of boardsort forum users are gonna be calling! Lol.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:53 am 

Sweet, haha. You know it.

Thanks, lost