Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 am

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:48 pm 

Is it worth the 12$ to take the cell phones apart to send in or sould I keep the phones in there whole category for pricing at the 5$/4.25$ price New to this and have 70 phones all diffrent kinds and just don't want to waste my time taking them apart if I will get paid more and waste less time for keeping them together. Please give me feedback, please and thank you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:32 am 
Site Admin

With rare exceptions your better off with whole phones

Smart phones are almost guaranteed to be better while. (And try sellbroke first).
You may do better breaking original blackberry style phones depending on current rates.

Candy bar phones are worth more apart than smartphones are, BUT, they weigh more overall too, so again probably better while.

About the only place you routinely have a better pay day apart is original handheld mini-brick phones with the flip down microphone and NiCad or lead battery block. The most common style antenna wires were gold strand. You can pull $5-$10 on that alone, which is why a brick abandoned in the bottom of the ocean still sells for $20 or more.