Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:27 pm 

Does anyone have a write up or a set of rules to help place boards in high Perif., low telecom, high telecom. I have put a handful of each on the "what is it" forum and people have graciously answered and I am thankful. I would like to learn for myself how to tell the difference on these 3 grades. So far I am seeing a good pattern. I had some I thought were high Perif that went either low of high telecom, I have had some that just seem packed with goodies go High Perif.

Thanks for reading, thanks in advance for advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:27 am 

Read through this post and see if that gives you a better understanding. I have tried to compile a list of links where boards of a certain type have been identified.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21765

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

The three tricky ones are telco, cd rom, and at times peripheral.

Peripheral is easy to understand when you know why there was a “spilt”. Almost anything verified in the what is it threads as peripheral is now high peripheral.
With the retro revival a good number of borderline midgrade boards made their way into the system as people fix and repair older equipment. What was once a few hundred boards per month average suddenly became a daily occurrence.
Combined with the advancing technology of SoC expansion and disposable portable tech, there are a lot of not quite there boards in the system now.

Basically, it’s two types:
Anything that should be peripheral except for…. The ones you were previously instructed to cut that section off or remove this or that component or capacitor. Those are now low peripheral.
And
Ultra compact boards from junk tablets and super portables. USB media players. $20 burner phones.

CD Boards include a few outside things. Clearly cd, dvd, bluray.
Also most tape drive boards. Super floppy type (dozens or hundreds of megs).

Oh, telco. I don’t think there’s an easy solution to that. There’s clearly high telco boards, and clearly low telco boards.
The rest is subjective and takes practice.