Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:38 am 

Looking for clarification on p4 category. It is fairly obvious based on the description i can find in the what is it forum that any metal topped pinned cpu falls in this category for example amd athelon, phenom, sempron, p4, celeron. where my confusion comes in is i have many p4 without pins that i would normally assume pinless but since the category is listed as p4/ green fiber metal i am confused if these would qualify. In the same vein i have some celeron chips that are also pinless whereas most have pins. Finally on the topic of xeon processors, i do have many pinned xeons but also several larger pinless xeons again i would assume the pinless xeons are exactly that (pinless) but figured i would check if by chance they would fall into a better category since i assume they would have more gold in them being much more expensive chips retail wise i think.

Thank you for any help.
And thank you lostinlodos for the expansive database of knowledge in the forums. (which is also why i am posing this question which has surely been addressed in the what is it boards already but dang over 170 pages of topics is a lot to go through to find it)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:17 am 
Site Admin

They’re pinless. All LGA/pinless fibre chips will be pinless regardless of brand or type.

Don’t feel bad someone asked this every 6 months or so. ;)
Some day I’ll get around to doing something with the default key word searching blocking.
Blocking 3 letter words doesn’t work in an industry based on 3 letter acronyms.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 pm 

Thank you lost. Very much appreciated.