Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:00 pm 

I am dropping off boards that will be in totes. just wondering how it is done. do they just take everything then get back to me with actual weights or do they go thru with me and return my totes and or packaging. Just wondering if I need to get liquor boxes and pack my boards in those.
I am putting together a lot. For me anyways. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Though I’ve not done it myself my understanding is once you call or email and set up a drop off appointment someone will be there to help you unload, weigh, and pay, all at the same time.
Sorting is still vitoto the process but packing is not. As long as you can point to bins 1-4 and say peripheral, and bins 5-7 and say telco; that’s as far as it needs to go.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 pm 

Lost, as you stated, the Sorting is the most important part, that one has the large socket motherboards separated from small socket motherboards, that the peripherals are separate from the backplanes, etc. The scaleman/ticket writer, the usual warehouse crew, and one or two others may be called in depending on the size of the load, but they can manage to unload and certify a pickup loadof a few hundred pounds in less than an hour. They don't require the seller to have the boxes identified exactly, so long as like material is in a box. They will still quickly check thru the sorted box, and pick out any that will go in a higher grade, and also if there is some that don't make the grade, will put it in the proper box. If you have sorted well, this is usually only one or two that were questionable. The time consuming parts are where there are oodles of small boards from card readers,cable boxes, etc, but so long as each type is boxed separately, it goes smoothly. Of course, on my loads, I had ten to . thirty pounds of identical boards in each box