Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 am

Post subject: What is in these?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:56 pm 

Hey Lost,

Its been quite some time since I have been on here or even messed with any E-scrap, and my gosh have things changed.

I am back at hitting the online auctions again lol. What do you think about these to lots?

These two lots are down in Beaumont, Texas which is about a 3 hour trip one way.

The Coban Equipment is at $5
The Trimble Tracer lot is at $40

Thanks for all the help.

Attachments:
Trimble Tracer 2.jpg
Trimble Tracer 2.jpg [ 32.5 KiB | Viewed 3977 times ]
Coban 3.jpg
Coban 3.jpg [ 81.13 KiB | Viewed 3978 times ]
Coban Equipment 2.jpg
Coban Equipment 2.jpg [ 78.46 KiB | Viewed 3978 times ]
Coban Equipment.jpg
Coban Equipment.jpg [ 44.67 KiB | Viewed 3978 times ]
Trimble Tracer.jpg
Trimble Tracer.jpg [ 41.79 KiB | Viewed 3978 times ]

Post subject: Re: What is in these?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Based on the 400 series the Placer units are probably low telco. But I’m basing that on an older model

The coban equipment: no idea... beyond the obvious. Peripheral, low telco, or high. That’s mobile video equipment.

Both are good companies known for not skimping on tech. The placer units run $10-40 used. But they’re almost always exterior mount so unless they’re NOS I wouldn’t count on condition by look alone. My experience is they always need some repair. Generally They don’t get replaced unless something is broken.
If the lots are related (source wise) as it looks this is a fleet upgrade. So again unless NOS assume some are damaged. How many is the gamble of bulk lots.
But my pure guess is it’s a matched set of gps units and dash recorders.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Btw coban uses a proprietary file system. Much like the Apple system of compartments.
So without drives you’re up the creek. You can’t just drop in a replacement and go.
The units posted are used for law enforcement, military, and the largest commercial trucking fleets. Security is everything. Assuming they’d even sell them to you, getting coban to give you a realistic pricing on new drives is a serious headache.
Those DVRs are almost guaranteed scrap. At peripheral or maybe low telco. Any bum rush on value is ignorant people who will try and fail to add off-the-shelf drives, or internet spotters looking to maybe salvage footage from the onboard RAM.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:44 pm 

Lol you never fail to amaze me.
They are indeed from law enforcement the Beaumont police dept. What would you estimate the scrap value at worst case situation?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

On the gps units they have power redundancy, so figure 3-6 ounces each in board. Possibly aluminium cases.

The DVRs aren’t much different from old cable boxes. Probably 2 board units. Figure 4-6 ounces for the main board and a heavy low grade power board. I’m not familiar with this model so it could be a single board (which would be better for you) making about a one pound peripheral board.

Cases vary by model and contract. For a PD I’d assume steel cases. I know the OTR groups use aluminium cases. No clue if that’s special order or what.

And by the looks of it quite a bit of wire weight.