Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:14 pm 

I recently (through a craigslist ad, no less) found out that a vintage computer wholesaler and custom build shop sold their 7000 square foot building and needed to get rid of everything ASAP.
I arranged to take the "scrap" and I'm going back to grab NOS apple 2 cards and peripherals, Bernoulli drives, DAT tapes, windows software, etc.
Long story short, I have a large pile of old EDO ram modules that I do not have the heart to scrap, even though there's about 15 pounds of it.
Lost, would you or anyone on the forum be interested in taking it off my hands? I know they have value if working, I just don't have the time to test the modules, since I now have another newborn in the house.
I can add pictures, perhaps specs, of the stuff if necessary.
I apologize if this is out of line, but I hate to see vintage gear go the way of scrap.
Also, if anyone needs floppy disks, dat tapes, IBM/apple joysticks, or any of the stuff mentioned above, let me know and I can arrange to ship some gear out to people of the forum.
There's too much stuff to mention.
People can reach out to me at my user name, and I reside within Gmail.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Emailed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Tape cassettes (DAT) are a fairly easy sell. Especially LTO. You’d be surprised how many of use actually still use that. Actual decks range from the low $10 range to thousands. Used LTO 4 and 3 decks can still get many hundreds. Non-LTO decks like HP and early Quest tend to be under $50 though.

Apple stuff in good condition is always an easy sell. Even when not working. Old serial gaming equipment is also an easy flip when working. Actually RS/Serial anything is easy to sell if it works.