Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:41 am 

Attachment:
giga2.jpg
giga2.jpg [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 2137 times ]
Attachment:
giga3.jpg
giga3.jpg [ 2.81 MiB | Viewed 2137 times ]
The auction site said four server cabinets so I rightfully assumed that they were stripped, and they were, except for about 6 or eight fans each, and a black motherboard, with fan/heatsink over a metal socketed chip, and another chip marked ultra-durable.
I have found similar on ebay, but none with the exact listings. Most of the ones offered are multicolored.
This one is a Gigabyte GA -Z270P-D3. AMD Crossfire technology.
HDMI
UEFI DualBIOS
Ultra Durable
2NVMe PCIe Gen3x4
SSD in RAID0

Attachments:
giga1.jpg
giga1.jpg [ 3.21 MiB | Viewed 2137 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Nice! Not bad. Wonder why they left them behind. Those boards rune around $75-$150 tested.
There’s at least 4 revisions and the more recent one garner higher prices.

That’s a workstation platform so seeing them in a server rack isn’t common.
(I hesitantly suggest buying a low end video card and 4 gigs of ram and firing them up to test).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:07 pm 

I was afraid you might suggest that. I am basically illiterate except for what will scrap. However, over the past two years, I have torn down some items without checking resale value, and have probably lost out on several thousand dollars to get instant scrap prices. Most likely I already have all those items: may have to hire someone to test or teach me the basics. These may have been workstation boxes: looked like an oversized tower. Same lot had vintage bosch monitors (cathode tube in a small box, some audio and recording mixing equipment, timelapse VCR recorder Thanks for the analysis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Meowpher the Ninth wrote:
...looked like an oversized tower.

Bingo. That’s more common. This series focused on reliability over power. They’ll take just about any Pe video card but things like ram fall into very narrow matched compatibility.
More than speed and design there’s height factors and width.

The PCIe sockets have lower clearance than standard ATX as well. And the cross-fire isn’t game level. Running at 4x or 2x speed, it’s intended for GPGPU usage. I it’s high fault tolerance and ecc memory your looking at cryptography or encoding or the like. CAD/CAM, etc. Lots of work with small chunks of data.

I think the most common arrangement is using on CPU video and running two graphics cards as compute cards. I know the board is popular for cryptocurrency and video compression encoding.