Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

Post subject: High Grade Boards
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:55 am 

Hey guys. Me again. I have many board that have gold cornered chips on them, and I am told they are high grade boards. But the link for the example picture is broken so I don't know if this is what Boardsort takes as high grade. I know that they cant have any large components on them such as large capacitors, hubs, ports, and transformers, so I don't know what Boardsort considers high grade. If I can have a picture example of what they consider high grade, that would be a huge help. Thanks in advance, guys!

Post subject: Re: High Grade Boards
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:39 pm 

just the presence of a gold corner chip is not a guarantee a board will go as telecom grade (this is boardsort's 'high grade') a board has to have a good population of surface mounted devices, chips, etc. with very little heavy items like transformers or brackets. Anything sent in as telecom grade will get examined on a per board basis. I have been going there in person for years and they still examine every board when i bring in a load of telecom boards.

posting a pics or sending pictures to Chris in an email is the best way to determine a boards grade.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:26 pm 

Thanks! I'll do that in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

My basic standing on telco board for boardsort is 85%-90% minimum coverage in ICs and CMCs (chips CPUs and tiny grey rectangles).
Any less and it MUST be reviewed.
And that's no guarantee that the board is telco.
Telco is the top of the middle range of circuit boards. Better than anything else but not a cell phone board nor the quality of modern ram.

What goes here? Memory boards from old computers and modern servers. Tablet boards. Pre century rom boards from video games, memory cards like CF, memory stick, SD cards. Gold sandwich boards (layered boards that have an actual complete layer of gold alloy INSIDE the board). Some very high end server boards. Silver peg board . Wire planer boards. Pre 90s telecommunications equipment (where the class gets its name from) . Military and aerospace equipment.
The vast majority of recyclers not in the tech industry will see very few of these in their lifetime.

It's the hardest class to make and most debated.
For any yard.

Even different employees disagree.