Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:24 am 
Site Admin

This will be the only thread to discuss any sort of sales that are not specific to boardsort.
There's going to be rules. And since I'm moderating this the rules will be decide and enforced at my own whim!
First when discussing competition we'll limit it to what is already well documented; why does X pay more and y pay less.
There's rare occasions where the other two large internet buyers pay more for one type or another. Like any yard boardsort is locked into a set markdown based on what they get paid.
Boardsort and one other are locked to the heartland pricing and the third is locked to valley/ridge.
And for the moment I'll leave the comments to this and this alone regarding competition.
Why does X pay $$$ and boardsort pay $$$.
The first time I see I sent 500 lbs to yyz and they paid shipping you're gone!
I've chased three people and one company across many many boards, forums, and blogs and will NOT tolerate them here.
For everyone else that means common sense. This is a dragnet roadblock for posting, a rule that I'm instilling that I and others WILL enforce.

Rule 1
Do not post anything at all about any company anywhere that buys with free shipping. PERIOD.
Ther is no room for debate on that at all. Break this rule and you'll be banned outright. There is absolutely no grace here. This company that has caused problems is the ultimate example of walk the fence of fraud, . Though stolen isn't legally correct it's socially accurate and they will screw you six ways to Sunday. Cash for Gold and it's dozen+ doing business as (DBAs) are the largest scam to be just a hair over the line of being legal.
I will explain my 4 attempts with this company below in detail (for the first time ever since my lawyer says it's ohkay at this point).

Rule 2
Ebay and auction sites.
If you have more than 100 feedback on the sales site, or are a member in good standing here I'll give some leeway to posting links
Use the URL coding I post below to do so.
For off-site sales this is the requirements and will be enforced.
Item must be working condition.
Items must have a corporate protection policy in place,be it PayPal buyer protection, a notorized bill of sale, or some other guarantee that is legally binding.
Absolutely no posting of any form of scrap, repair, doa equipment.

Rule 3
No military or government equipment. Period.
I have extensive understanding of the rules and still fall foul of them from time to time. To protect everyone, boardsort, the poster (you), and the buyer (the other you), I'm simply going to bar anything of US government source.
There are two manuals that cover this stuff. One from the DOD (DOD manual of transfer and sales of surplus and post life materials), and DOS (Department of state manual of transfer of repurposed material).
Combined they make more than 30,000 (thirty thousand) pages in 13 volumes!
If you make a mistake they confiscate your purchase. If they make a mistake they can confiscate your purchase.
So if you have a dozen flight boards from F-15s don't post it here.

Rule 4
Keep it clean. Do not post a link for your interactive DVD of the playboy digital library.

Rule 5
Don't break the rules.
Posting a scrap for cash with free shipping notice will get you immediately banned.
Posting scrap at all will probably get you banned
We're all human. Mistakes and errors in judgement happen, myself included.
Anything outside of the above two issues will get you a warning. Get too many warnings and I'll ban you.

Finally if you're selling or trading something clean up your own mess. I'm not here to clean up after you. I make a big enough mess on my own. When you make a sale or no longer offer an item for sale come back and EDIT your original post to say as much!
If I find expired links to unavailable items I'm not going to be happy! I'm not much fun when I'm not happy!

This thread is locked at the moment until I discuss this with someone at boardsort directly on anything else we'd need to implement in doing something like this.
This has only been done by one other company which is also the only other recycler to have an active more-or-less free to discuss forum, iscrapapp.
If everyone plays by the rules I strongly feel we can make this work and further make this an even better community than it already is.
Just remember I'm alone in moderating this and there's going to be some birthing issues so bear with us all as I find a way to make this work.
Regardless I have no intention of discussing here my keeping this alive or killing it without notice. If you have comments about this particular thread as a whole itself please make another post in the parent category (E-scrap forum general discussion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]