Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:14 pm 

Is there a market for laptop screens or any screen for that matter ?

Many printers now have small 1 to 2 inch LCD screens what do do with them?

While we are at it one more question, we generate quite a bit of clean plastic, Printer Cases Computer Trim any advice on that?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Working laptop screens that are COMPLETE and undamaged range from a few dollars to a few hundred.

My suggestion is to carefully remove the back case, to get the manufacturer and model of the SCREEN, then put it back together. You then have both the laptop of source AND the actual screen to help sell it.
Ebay is my first suggestion if you know enough technology technically to hold stupid's hand by phone after a sale.

If not google sell used LCD/laptop screen etc.
If broken just replace broken with used.

Small screens that are working and 100% complete with all contacts wires etc usually run a few dollars to $10 or $20.
Broken LCD displays of any size run in the 5c-15 cent range. Broken led arrays run 1cent to 5, usually higher grade materials recovery classes, like #1 mixed shred. Vacuum screens (not tube TVs) of any size and plasma displays run the $$.cc range from junk shred to dozens of dollars per pb, or more. Depends on if vac screens are still fully sealed, what gas is inside, what the mesh screen is made of (noble transitionals and pm is common).
E.g. Old Betamax displays get me $3-$4 per pb right now. Some early pre-VHS video tape deck displays can fetch $40+ per lb. much like the fire suppression displays from the 60s, 70s, and very early car radios.

Plastic; do some leg work. There are buyers, especially for ABS !!
Two of my three plastic buyers were regulated out of existence since the towns didn't like the traffic, so most of my plastic is now purchased by a local steel recycling and supply company. Abs still gets around 80c-$1 for me. Everything else is well under ten cents.
Make calls and ask.
Only note beyond that for you is to sort sort sort. Do not EVER guess on unmarked.
Buyers hate plastic soup! Even more than steel or e-scrap soup! And the fastest way to get banned from a yard is to toss an unmarked piece of plastic in with a marked category.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Btw a surprising number of steel and iron buyers will buy glass and wood as well as plastic. All are used in various stages of iron and steel (re)production.
So again, ask.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 am 

I know this is a couple of months old but if it is a laptop that people still use, there are people looking for parts. Buying OEM from the manufacturer is expensive and usually a $100 or more. I have sold several and never below $75 on eBay. A lot of times they are international buyers so make sure you open your listing up for everyone.

You can pretty much sell every part of the laptop even the small little cables for at least $10. Obviously, except the part that is no longer working. If you know how to solder, you can sometimes find the part on the motherboard that is bad such as the PSU and replace it and have a board worth a $100.