Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

Post subject: Need Help/Advice
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:42 am 

I will admit that in my search for E-waste, I am floundering........I may have already asked this, and if so, I ask for your understanding an patience. But outside of handing out a flier. Where can I go to get potential E-Waste? And how do I approach them about it? This doesn't include merely looking for it on the road side.

PRD

Post subject: Re: Need Help/Advice
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 pm 

Hey! Yes, approaching any business can be daunting especially since you don't know how they will react to such an inquiry. I have found that asking big churches gets GREAT results. Actually, here is the exact email I wrote asking a big church in my area.

"Good morning! I wasn't sure who to contact so I thought you would be able to pass this on to the right person. My name is Ben Jenkins and I love to take old electronics of any kind and scrap them. I attend Pathways Church and I'm their unofficial scrapper. Any old electronics, wire, equipment they don't want anymore they give to me to recycle. I was wondering if Alliance Church had any such person (or is a part of any program) for this kind of job instead of throwing things in the trash. If not, I would LOVE to be that person for you guys! Thanks, in advance, for your time and help on this matter :)"

I will add that I have become their main scrapper for anything electronic and have received countless items already. My point is that you just need to think of some big places and send them an extremely humble email. More than likely you'll get a good response.