Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

Post subject: High Yield
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:18 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_7167.JPG
IMG_7167.JPG [ 1.58 MiB | Viewed 5673 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_7168.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG [ 2.35 MiB | Viewed 5673 times ]

I don't see a board category for these boards probably because they are rare. What should I do with these? They came from satellite dish antennae. I have 20 of the near all gold on both sides and 10 of the other. Not tons of weight but lots of sq in of gold. I have a few other larger boards as well. Is this a email Chris for a price or pawn on ebay kind of thing?

Post subject: Re: High Yield
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:39 am 

I get these in pretty frequently, they have nice gold flashing that do well at the refinery. But if this isn't the kind of thing that you do yourself, then your options are Boardsort, Ebay or something akin to craigslist.
Sadly, these would probably fall into the peripheral category, as there's not much else going for them other than the flashing, which isn't going to net you much.
Be careful on ebay and how you price these, if your end goal is to actually sell them. Prices for scrap (for the hobbyist and for companies looking for volume) range from reasonable to outright insanity, determined by the perception of value on both sides. You can ask what you want, but it has to make sense for the buyer too, and theres a metric crapload of listings to compete with.
I wish I had a more insightful jumping off point for you, but just do some comp searching, see what sold and set your price lower than the other guy, you'll sell these eventually.

Post subject: Re: High Yield
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:52 am 

Good insights on these. I have had these for years as I thought i would process them myself at some point. Well that hasn't happened so I am peddling them. After checking ebay there is no comps exactly like these boards so I just opted for auction starting at $50 and let them go. I get plating can be thick on some boards and ultra thin on others and these are probably not a "known gold content" board so we shall see. Maybe someone will by them for craft projects.