Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Post subject: shipping to boardsort
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 am 

hello
as you well know i am new to the world of scrapping. well 3 weeks into right now.
what is the least expensive way to send to you all my periphial boards?
thanks in advance
tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 am 

It depends on where you are in relation to Board Sort and how much you have. There is several options: for small quantities USPS flat rate boxes, UPS, FedEx.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

For very little as rdw said flat rate boxes from Usps tend to be the lowest cost for heavy items. Though that’s debatable now with the most recent postage’s increases. But you can fit a few hundred dollars of 8086 CPUs ina small flat rate box and insure it for a few dollars more. And get two to three day shipping for it.

For up to a few hundred pounds Fedex is usually cheapest. Many many smaller boxes. Keep your boxes as rectangles (not cubes) and keep the longest side under 19 inches. Fedex prices by girth rather than weight (though weight is calculated for transport regulations). Fedex is literally like Tetris (or reverse Jinga). The more they can shove your boxes into nooks and crannies the lower your cost will be.

More than a few hundred lbs, in the Gaylord range, there’s a few truckers in the business section here offering discounted rates to haul less than truck load (LTL) for boardsort users.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm 

i save up enough to ship a pallet.. i live in va and just sent in 1500 pounds and it cost me $170and got there in 1 day. in my opinion if your depending on the income you cant be very profitable sending fedex.. i know some on here do but this shipment cost me about 12 cents per pound.your not getting that with postal carriers..i only send in 2 or 3 times a year but im more profitable...to each their own just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

michaelward4442Is absolutely correct. When you have enough to make LTL levels and ship pallets and Gaylords you’re in a much less expensive category.