Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:46 pm 

So I need some serious help. After watching a bunch of e-scrapping videos on YouTube it seems that most people are removing all of the IC chips, certain capcitors, CBM & other copper bearing items and selling those off later. They even mention about selling the board to Boardsort, but they don't say if it greatly reduced the overall value of that board. As an example, I have the following board marked up with red lines of all the IC's that I would take off if I follow this advice. Is it worth it? What about other boards that have CBMs, or other copper wiring, aluminum, IC's, etc.? Of course I want to maximize the value of my scrap, but at the same time don't want to reduce a board to something that then as zero value. What things are Boardsort looking to make sure are left on boards in order to keep that board classified as something of value? Sorry if I am asking such a broad question, but I just don't want to mess this up.
What do other people do? I would like to hear any and all comments on this.
Thank you very much!!

Attachments:
paradyne board chips to remove.JPG
paradyne board chips to remove.JPG [ 84.27 KiB | Viewed 4228 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 am 
Reputable Seller

The board as-is will be bought as peripheral grade. Removing the ICs you have marked will knock the board down to mid grade. The ICs by themselves do not have much weight on them, so you're better off selling the board as-is.