Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:10 pm 

I have approx 20 toner cartridges (the bigger ones like for big printers or copiers even) that are brand new. Some are recycled ones that have been refilled but are still sealed. I tried Ebay and sold 1 of about 5 that I listed and it was really time consuming. Also Ebay took down 2 of them and said I didnt have proper permission to sell them or something. I know I can take them to office depot and get $2 each out of them or i tried one of the ink buyer sites and it was like .50 or a dollar, but is there any other options?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 am 
Site Admin

Ebay is the easiest option and my first stop for new ink and toner.
If you want to email me at gmail
You can forward or cut and paste whatever notice they sent you about not being allowed and I’ll help you figure that out. I’ve got over 600 positive sales and about half is technology.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:13 pm 

That is weird for ebay, I have 2 ebay stores, one for the recycling business and one for my personal use together totaling almost 4000 feedbacks, and I have sold toners on there without a problem. But they have changed a lot of rules in the past few months. I know you have to have each one in the right category or you can not name a name that is not on the toner, example, don't put HP if it is not an HP toner. But you can say it will fit a certain model. I have been on ebay since 2007 and the rules have changed so much that they took the fun out of ebaying. I would suggest trying ebay again and putting the toner model and color in the title of the listing and saying a few words about the toner, oh and make sure it is in the right category as well, that is the easiest way to get a listing deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

My first guess is you listed the refilled “new” ones as new. These should be listed as manufacturer refurbished or as new:other and noted as manufacturer refurbished/sealed in the condition notes
Ebay is rather strict about refills because some people love them and some despise them. Listing them as a flat new lumps refills in with day one news. A big no-no on ebay.

Like Space I had an account dating back to the early days in the 90s as well with a few thousands feedbacks.
It got locked for a few weeks in 2004 after the software rules changed since I had a large amount of Microsoft software posted at the time. I moved at the time, lost track of my account and simply forgot about it. When I tried to reactivate it they couldn’t since my email switched from aol to gmail at the time. I couldn’t reset the password.
Alas, I’m ranting of the past. Lol.
Bottom line is there’s quite a few rules and “laws” on ebay. Sometimes all you need to do is remove a word or click a different box to get it to work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:23 pm 

Not good pictures but this is the listing and response. I cant get the full description on the listing but this is what I could find. (Its been a few months back)

Attachments:
ebay 1.jpg
ebay 1.jpg [ 62.49 KiB | Viewed 7230 times ]
ebay 2.jpg
ebay 2.jpg [ 103.49 KiB | Viewed 7230 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Also see what Space thinks before moving forward
but I don’t see any reason this should be brought down.
I’m also going to see if I can pull up the category rules since everything got moved around in the last few months. Will post whatever I find from that too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
What happened to my listing?

If your listing was removed based on a VeRO report, eBay sent you an email with details about why your listing was reported and how to contact the rights owner directly for more information.
If you have concerns or questions about why your listing was removed, please contact the rights owner directly.
Contact us in the following circumstances
You can't find the rights owner's email address in your removal notification email.
You sent an email to the rights owner, but they haven't replied after 5 business days.
Sellers are responsible for ensuring that any item they list on eBay is authentic and that the listing description doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
Examples of infringements
Items that bear the rights owner's trademark—such as a logo—but were not authorized by the rights owner.
Unauthorized copies of audio, video, or other media.
Unauthorized use of a rights owner's images or text in a listing.

My say on this: probably a bot.
Make sure you use your own photo, not one from the HP site or google. That protects you from any misappropriation claims.
2) remove the term “premium”. Replace the term with Comercial and add FOR: HP........ to the title instead or better compatible with!
That covers any chance they could claim against the listing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:05 pm 

Thanks for all the insight. I guess I will have to give it another shot and it happens again actually go through the hassle of contacting them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:13 pm 

Somehow you listed in the title or the description that should not have been there, I have no clue what it is unless you give me the Exact, title you used, the photos you used, and the listing description, and what category you put it under. Somewhere along the line you violated one of their rules. If you are using generic photos, stop, use your own photos and of the actual item. If you are using a stock photo and it is not matching what you are selling ebay will remove. So don't put it back up the same way you did or you can get, like Lost did, blocked out of selling.

Now that Google has changed all their security settings some sellers may have seen the warning about photos and gifs that are not secure and that if they keep using them, the listing will get blocked from being seen by buyers, I mention this as this is one of ebay's baby games they play, and you have to follow the rules or you don't get to play on the playground, so to speak. I just finished fixing all my listings.

Oh and like Lost stated, it really is not new, they should have been something to choose from the "New, Used" section about toners being filled again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

it’s quite clear what you violated; just not the why of it.
But looking at it from the other side I again only see two things that could trigger these terrible bots they have.
A non original picture. Not actually likely with HP since most of their original images are under Creative Commons (share alike) license, but good to be in the practice of using your own image even when totally brand new.
These copyright bots are undeniably flawed. There’s whole discussions in the ebay seller forum about new products being Pulled when the stock image offered directly by ebay is flagged as stolen.

More likely I’m thinking some combination of description and title words flipped the seller referb trigger. Something I run into every so often selling repaired electronics. Carefully look at all the options under condition. If refurbishment is an option, usually under used, choose it. Unless it’s in a genuine sealed HP Refurbished package, you’re best with new—other or used—seller refurbished
HP is one of the more approachable companies and lenient, compared to say, C... or K... when it comes to reselling printer parts. So even if you have to click the link there’s a good chance if you have any number of positive feedback they’ll simply whitelist you.