Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

Post subject: newbie needs help
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:48 pm 

i am new to escrapping and could use some help in prepping what i have.
am i correct in understanding i want to separate as much as possible? such as pack the sticks of ram together and processors together. i have separated my hard drive boards and CD boards. what about all the other boards such as graphic cards and teh like are those all basically the same? i can post pics of al of tehm but really dont want to waste anyones time if it is a pretty simple answer. I dont have a accurate scale for really small amounts so should i feel confident boardsort will be accuarate in the weights they give? is it more profitable to trim teh gold fingers off of all the cards and ram or just leave tehm intact?

I appreciate any and all responses

Post subject: Re: newbie needs help
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:59 am 

I have been dealing with Boardsort awhile now and have extreme confidence in the weights they have reported to me in my shipments. Also I would seperate the fingerboards just as a group and not type. For me I wouldnt waste my time trimming ram.

Post subject: Re: newbie needs help
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:41 pm 
Reputable Seller

In a majority of cases, trimming gold fingers off RAM and gold fingered cards will result in a downgrade. I've seen Boardsort's operation in person and if you have any small materials, they do use a precision scale to get the ounces and fractions of ounces on those so you can get paid the right amount for your materials.