Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:37 pm 

Hi kgryczan
Thanks for the reply. The price of low grade $0.15 will not even cover the shipping. But if the IC's or Components off the boards, are worth $5.00 like for the IC's (if they are the ones he buys) will cover shipping and small profit. Otherwise they go to Dallas, Tx for $0.10 a pound.

Leonard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:49 pm 

the Board Remains.jpg would probably be closer to 0.07/pound being broken and devalued as they are ..his ic chip idea is the way to go...

but thats not why i replied here...you asked about Tantalum Caps identification i have been doing a little research on the subject and found a interesting website
Code:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/capacitors/tantalum-capacitors/131082

i have used this website in conjunction with suspected rohm semiconductor chips {black chips} to match the numbers on the chips with numbers from there..with some success.

also if you image search Tantalum Capacitors logo via Google you well see the markings that some of the chips have ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 pm 
Reputable Seller

What we really need is a buyer for those type of capacitors. If boardsort can locate one, I'm sure he will let us know so we can go out and get our heat guns. I would imagine that telecom grade and military grade boards will have the largest concentration of tantalum on them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:19 am 
Site Admin

The problem with tantalum caps is that they are too difficult to identify for the purposes of buying online. Granted, some are clearly marked, but my experience has shown that they marked ones are the minority.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:39 pm 

Seems to me like the best bet is the easy to identify yellow ones. Also on another forum I read that if the hot side is marked with a line across it or a + sign the next step is to check the number on the board. If it starts with a C its tantalum if it's a D its not. That doesn't help boardsort much buying online though. Will you buy them if delivered in person? I'm in northern ohio about an hour from Cleveland so when I get a load worth the trip this is my plan anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

If you find yourself coming to our location to sell other items, bring the t-caps with you and we will take a look at them and potentially make you an offer. I cannot tell you however what that offer would be until we see the material.

T-caps are something that we just do not do a lot with but are always willing to take a look.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:25 pm 

Sounds good I'll save them.