Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:14 pm 

Ok, I have been looking at posts for gold connector ends and some have said that common ones are ide ribbon cable ends, sata ends, etc. I dont see any gold ends in the ribbon cable type ends but I am new to this so I hope I am wrong. Do the ends in the pic all qualify? There are a couple there from the ends of the power supply lines...wondering if those are worth anything? What do most people collect for gold ends?

Attachments:
Misc ends.jpg
Misc ends.jpg [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 6062 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:51 pm 

I don't think the whites ones are gold plated. I think those connectors have aluminum. The other ones may pass for gold connectors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:40 am 
Reputable Seller

I concur with 602bridgeway. Only gold plated ends you will find off power supplies are SATA power connectors. Trim those off, then process the rest of the power supply as you see fit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:25 pm 

Thanks for the information on these. Just curious, on the ribbon cable ends, they dont look like a gold connector but is that because they are coated or something? Went back through my light wire and pulled all those off this weekend so I am looking forward to sending those in!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:02 pm 

keep in mind your cost for freight when cutting the ends from ribbon wire and I/O cables . For me, I can leave most ends on wires and get #2 insulated price. If I deduct the average cost per pound of freight I come out better just leaving them intact to the wire. The only exception are the old bulky serial Printer cables which I have to remove.