Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 pm

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 pm 

Hello there,

Can you help me identify these?

Thanks!
Natalia

Attachments:
IMG_4027[1].JPG
IMG_4027[1].JPG [ 2.33 MiB | Viewed 2634 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:27 pm 

Low Grade ball grid array chips, green fiber with heatsink. Correct me if me if im wrong Lost.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

These bga controllers go green brown fibre with metal when clean (like ATI) and pinless when shielded (like nVidia)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:56 pm 

Thanks for your help both of you!

If you don't mind me asking about these items... I am trying to learn more and more and it would be easier if I have a consistent repetitive flow of boards that are sort of alike so I can memorize them faster but in the recycling world that's NEVER the case.

My question is: are these considered to be in the CPU category? Or IC chip flat pack category? I'm not even sure if I should be pulling these out of the boards since I realized they looked like CPU but they weren't really CPUs. I'm so confused.

I am really curious as to see what your opinion on these is.

Thanks for your time. Have a wonderful weekend!
Natalia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 pm 

It varies, this is a matter of personal creativity value-wise.

Are they IC chip or cpu category?

They are integrated circuit chips but some processors come in the form of integrated circuits so its a hybrid.

Should you be pulling them out of the board?

This is a personal choice in my opinion, if you like to refine them for fun and experimental reasons then why not.

Is it going to make you more money pulling cpu's out of boards?

It also depends and value-wise its all about what you do with them and how much work you are willing to put in.

If the board is covered with a lot of gold capped IC chips, does it look like it can be sold for anything other than its gold value? Are you willing to put in the work to find a buyer who will pay you more than the scrap prices you see being offered?

Pulling chips out of a board can devalue the scrap price on certain boards. Some boards you can pull chips and you should be o.k.

I think its a much better deal to make the call on your end as you will make the best choice for any material you have. If I am your buyer I am in business to make it as fair and profitable on both ends to keep my business running good and relationships flourish but to a limited scale and if you dont make the calls and plans for your material I will do it for you and it might not be the best on your end of the pole, that is just how it is.

So there you go, the choice is a matter of personal taste and whatever you decide to do you cant really go wrong. Try not to worry about it too much and have fun. I have no clue what it looks like on your end and how much work and how creative you can be with the materials you receive and find so this one I cant make any calls.

Scrap Value Wise - let the BGA chips on the board be if you are not going to refine or sell them for something else. Give it to Boardsort or the refiner and let it go, it will come back to you in some other way so there is no loss. Give and you will always receive more, always worked for me.

If you want to experiment and refine then take no worries on devaluing the board ( fun is priceless ).

Want maximum value for your material? The buyers who come to you will always pay more than the buyers you find while you are looking but requires more work and effort. Convenience and time is also priceless.

Did I have your head spinning? Lol. What are you going to do?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

As far as boardsort is concerned, 9:10 pulling bga chips lowers the class of the board.
Anything with a depressed circle in a corner or a gold tick on a corner will fall into one of the CPU classes. The rest go as standard ICs.
The question is does removing the ICs as cpu classes outweigh the class downgrade. The answer is usually you’re loosing money.

As for self refining, that out of the area for these forums. Some do it and break even. Most loose money. A few do make a profit from refining though.
Goldrefinersforum is a better place to learn about that stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:58 pm 

Thank you both for such detailed explanation. I feel well informed and confident in my decision on what to do with my boards. I will do a little it bit of both as I always felt curious about refining the gold and silver myself just for the joy of learning a new skill. I will also leave the flat packs on the boards and not touch them as it is time consuming when trying to pull them out and not destroy them completely, lol.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kind regards,
Natalia