Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 pm 

I have a pile of gold plated boards from different Direct TV Satellite items, they are from LNB's and some of the switching boxes. Half the time they are gold, and the other half copper. What grade would they go for?

Attachments:
20140423_191818[1].jpg
20140423_191818[1].jpg [ 3.26 MiB | Viewed 8014 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm 
Reputable Seller

I believe someone else posted a photo of a similar board and it got peripheral grade. if it has gold plating on it, I would let boardsort review it more closely. are these boards found on the dish itself or are they located in the converter box?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:30 am 

they come from the LNB on the dish. Google Dish network LNB. They are in the one's like the one i posted, and in the multiple one's. I get them from the company dumpster, they throw away gold, lol.

Attachments:
Sat LNB 1.jpg
Sat LNB 1.jpg [ 3.1 KiB | Viewed 7984 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:23 pm 
Reputable Seller

As long as Dish and DirectTV don't want them back, they're fair game for scrappers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Some of those boards would qualify as Telecom while others would be Peripheral at best. The picture is a little too "busy" for me to commit on the entire lot.

The problem we run into with odd-ball items such as these is that there are so many different styles that it because extremely difficult to assign values to them by sight alone.

That is what is beautiful about PC/computer scrap. A motherboard is a motherboard, ya know? But items like the ones in the picture pose many challenges that cannot be easily met with simple flat quotes.

I would box those up, (keep them separate from other previously quoted materials) ship them out and I will sort them out accordingly for you. That is the only way I can figure the grades for you, other than tediously posting front and back pics of each and every one of those.