Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:38 am 
Site Admin

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3978&start=10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 am 

What are you talking about?

there is a cobalt ring? Why can't you break it? Where is it actually? Perhaps English lessons would be in order. Please edit to make things understandable to human readers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

nickton wrote:
What are you talking about?

Hard drives
nickton wrote:

there is a cobalt ring? Why can't you break it? Where is it actually?

Follow the conversation. Inside the motor is a cobalt ring. It’s attached to a round steel cap and surrounds the copper wrapped star. A quick look at the actual ring will show why not to break it. It’s extremely thin, compared to the rest of the active use magnets in computers.

Breaking them makes tiny powder and shards. Of extremely powerful magnets.
Breaking them makes a mess of a cleanup. You now have tiny magnets stuck to all your tools. If you vacuum it up with a service/shop vac it goes right through the filter and into the motor. They tend to be sharp so brushing them up with your fingers isn’t a great option.
Quickly: it makes a mess that’s a pain to clean up.

nickton wrote:
Perhaps English lessons would be in order. Please edit to make things understandable to human readers.

Well. there’s two issues here. First and the major one; I tend to do posts in quick rapid moments. Maybe at a stop light. Or in the 5-10 minutes of a smoke break. A walk with my dog. Most times I use my fingers but sometimes it’s voice.
I make mistakes myself and sometimes S2T puts random words in from background noise. It happens.
If it’s totally unreadable just point it out. I’ll get a notice of the new post and take a look.

The other, rare, issue is (look at some of the posts with non English titles), I’m multilingual. I’m far from fluent but conversational.
English is my first language but little in the online tech industry is based in English first. So if I happen to start making out of order or broken sentences a good chance I just logged off a non-English chat.
‘Gold card is the board’ may not be standard English but is still understandable to most.

Я не путаю языки•
Ich mache es nicht oft.!
But after 2 Shijan of conversion in romaji i can slip.