Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Just a quick follow up to this post with respect to the original picture posted at the top.

I had received an email asking for clarification as to if this is a high or low peripheral. Here was my reply:

-- PASTE --

On the face of it, this could fall into our Low Peripheral category due to the high level of junk that populates the board. One criteria we often use when grading a board is looking at the overall chip population.

At initial glance, this board is low in terms of chip count thus is certainly in line with low Peripheral. However it has one saving grace that should the board find its way into Peripheral High we would consider leaving it there. And that is the fact that it has a gold corner tab BGA chip. If it were not for that chip, it would be a "low p" for sure, but with it there it could stay in "high p" without much consternation.

--- END PASTE ---

That is not to say a gold tab BGA is an automatic upgrade chip, but it helps and is one thing you can use to help guide grading. I can say however that unless the board is covered in absolute junk, if it has that bga chip on it, the board will likely be high versus low peripheral more often than not.

And lastly, if you have previously received a "peripheral" grade from us before we added the low/high thing, you can default that board to high peripheral moving forward unless I correct you later.

While I know this post makes it look like everything is going to the low category, these items in this post are not typical. Our experience has been that the vast majority of the boards that we bought as peripheral in the past will grade as high.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:28 pm 

Good info! Thanks for the clarification.