Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:02 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:35 pm 

It has been said many times and with this, it will be said one more. It is so much more productive for everyone involved to make much smaller posts. You can make an endless amount of posts and it's easier to go through them if we aren't having to look through 50 boards. Try to keep them limited to 10 boards per post. Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:09 pm 

I guess I need clarification then. I limited this to ten or less per POST.

Does that mean ten or less per THREAD, or per POST?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I was very careful to comply with ten or less per POST.

Let me illustrate how this very forum makes my point. In the photo I'm attaching, it says "12 posts" (in this THREAD). I limited my posts to ten boards each. I will absolutely revise what I've done if that should say ten boards per THREAD. Please then revise the instructions to say that.

"Say what you mean; mean what you say; don't be mean when you say it."

Attachments:
Posts.JPG
Posts.JPG [ 24.87 KiB | Viewed 292 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:49 pm 

Per thread, it's easier for us to answer multiple threads than a single thread with 50 boards.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19156

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:17 am 

Just FYI, the the thread you linked to here also says "Post" instead of "Thread".

PickleJar wrote:
Per thread, it's easier for us to answer multiple threads than a single thread with 50 boards.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19156

Attachments:
Post vs. Thread.JPG
Post vs. Thread.JPG [ 17.22 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:47 pm 

dolfinwriter wrote:
Just FYI, the the thread you linked to here also says "Post" instead of "Thread".

A thread is actually a topic. A thread or topic is comprised of multiple posts. I think lostinlodos meant to say thread/topic when referring to post.

It is much easier to "post" 10 or less pictures in each thread and get responses on those 10 boards. You can post multiple threads with 10 pictures to break up the number of responses. IMHO, it is best to group similar boards in each thread, that way your subject can say "I think these are all high grade telco" or "Are all of these high grade peripheral".

Just for fun I changed the subject of my post in the topic "Need help grading please". :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:49 pm 

I know it may seem like semantics, but words matter and details matter.

Every man who has been married to a woman will understand this--Sometimes it's possible to intuit someone's meaning when they're struggling for words, but we can't read minds and know what someone really MEANT to say if they use the WRONG words. If in doubt, we ask for clarification.

I READ those instructions and I was very careful and I thought I complied with them.

Then I got comments to please comply with the instructions.

This seems like a bigger problem due to the tone of a couple of the comments, so MY suggestion is please correct the wording of the instructions and MAYBE people will comply with what is intended vs. just the semantics of what is actually written.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm asking that you CLARIFY the rules as written.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:56 am 

dolfinwriter wrote:
I know it may seem like semantics, but words matter and details matter.

I agree! When people at work ask me "Can I ask you a question?" my typical response is, "You just did."

dolfinwriter wrote:
I READ those instructions and I was very careful and I thought I complied with them.

Then I got comments to please comply with the instructions.

Sounds like an interaction with my ex-wife!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:37 pm 

ropeman wrote:
Sounds like an interaction with my ex-wife!

That's why I said this!
dolfinwriter wrote:
Every man who has been married to a woman will understand this--Sometimes it's possible to intuit someone's meaning when they're struggling for words, but we can't read minds and know what someone really MEANT to say if they use the WRONG words.

And now that I think about it, it's not required to have been MARRIED TO them to experience this. I had ex-GFs who were worse. That's one of the reasons they are ex-GF and not ex-wife! My wife and I communicate very well, which is one of the reasons we're going on 27 yrs married!