Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:53 pm 

Second Group, 8-17

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 420.69 KiB | Viewed 3219 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 373.07 KiB | Viewed 3219 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:04 am 

I'm a potential new customer for Boardsort and have questions about many of the same components OP is asking about. I don't know how long it takes for someone to reply with answers, but I'd appreciate it if someone did. With (1) so many categories and (2) so many, many different variations of parts within those categories, is there no easier way to identify what's what?

And yes, I've watched numerous videos and still it's baffling. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:18 pm 

Something has changed with Boardsort. Three years ago there was a user named Lostinlodos who was exceptionally helpful who often gave his take on board grades within a day or two.

He did it in his own free time without pay from Boardsort, and he is the moderator of a couple of the forum boards. But I think he's either been having health issues or just taking some time away and has not been on much at least for the last couple of months.

There are a couple other users who jump in and give their estimates on some, but I don't think any are as knowledgeable or as prolific as lost has been.

And then I also wonder if the company may be having some issues because several times now when I have tried to log on and post, the board was down.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:13 pm 

You can always email Chris if you are unsure about something or want to confirm.

8. Apple CPU
9. Low telecom
10. High peripheral
11. High telecom
12 and 13. At least low peripheral, but laptop touchpads are often high peripheral so I'm not too sure.
14. Clean gold finger card
15. Low peripheral
16. High peripheral
17. Connector end

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:07 pm 

Temple of Set wrote:
I don't know how long it takes for someone to reply with answers, but I'd appreciate it if someone did.

Keep in mind that there is only one forum member that is an employee of Boardsort and that is the username Boardsort. Everyone else has varying levels of knowledge based on experience and research. That is why I try to reference previous posts with similar boards to give my opinion, especially if Boardsort (Chris) responds to a thread.

dolfinwriter wrote:
Something has changed with Boardsort. Three years ago there was a user named Lostinlodos who was exceptionally helpful who often gave his take on board grades within a day or two.

I think lost made a post a while back about being busy with other projects and not having as much time to respond to threads here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:20 pm 

ropeman wrote:
I think lost made a post a while back about being busy with other projects and not having as much time to respond to threads here.

Thanks for that. I thought I saw something awhile back and I did try to find it. I'm not criticizing and trust me I know all about being tied up with other projects. I'm just sayin' that Lost used to be very prolific here, and there are some who have been of some help, but there isn't anyone else filling that gap right now.