Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 am

Post subject: Wire and Wire ends
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:18 pm 

So i was just trying to figure something out... So is the ID cables copper or which wires actually are cause most look metal or tin reason im asking i just cut all the ends off and non was copper in color. As well should i save any of the ends other then a monitor end. However cables im talking about are all out of the inside of the tower itself.

Post subject: Re: Wire and Wire ends
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:56 pm 

90% of computer wire is aluminium coded that includes but is not limited to ide cables,power supply wires.

if your after copper from pcs it would mostly be in the various types of transformers..

as for ends i would observe the gold on gold rule,so it it connects to gold pins i would look at it for gold plated end..

Last edited by evilrick81 on Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:29 pm 

so pretty much the wire isnt worth anything cause i cut the ends off and put all together thinking all was insulated. Anyways also so the gray id cables thats nothing as well?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:03 pm 

evilrick81 wrote:
90% of computer wire is aluminium that includes but is not limited to ide cables,power supply wires.

That is news to me. I would think aluminum wires would not offer the flexibility or ductility to stand up to computer service. Could it be that you are mistaking tin plated wire as aluminum?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:13 am 

chuchalb wrote:
evilrick81 wrote:
90% of computer wire is aluminium that includes but is not limited to ide cables,power supply wires.

That is news to me. I would think aluminum wires would not offer the flexibility or ductility to stand up to computer service. Could it be that you are mistaking tin plated wire as aluminum?

opps forgot the word coded after aluminium....sorry about that

but none the less you asked about value the answer is its specific to your scarp yard you see here if i have the molex power supply wires or the ribbon cables with any other wire it will downgrade the whole price per pound from 2.00 to
$.25 a pound or what ever(ACSR) is at the time.