Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 pm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:17 am 

Thanks for the help! I looked at the guides posted with the pricing chart on the site but they weren't helpful to me. Does board sort buy components that are pulled other than CPUs? Also is there a forum in here somewhere that could help identify what the different components are? I dot know what most of the parts on these boards are and what's worth money and what's junk. Thanks for all the help!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:51 pm 

Pcakebread wrote:
Thanks for the help! I looked at the guides posted with the pricing chart on the site but they weren't helpful to me. Does board sort buy components that are pulled other than CPUs? Also is there a forum in here somewhere that could help identify what the different components are? I dot know what most of the parts on these boards are and what's worth money and what's junk. Thanks for all the help!

The microchips on the boards can come off, those are $3.50 per pound at the time of this posting.
The transformers which are the copper coils can come off, and can be taken to a local scrapyard for a copper bearing motor/transformer price, or you can take them apart and get #2 copper prices for the wire that you take off of them, which is what I do. The gold connector ends on the flat wire can go with gold fingers, which are $30 per pound at the time of this posting. The aluminum blocks can come off and sold as cast aluminum. There are some excellent guides on youtube too, youtube video
He has some excellent guides, but don't remove anything from the peripheral boards or you will downgrade them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Board sort only takes the ICs chips, cpus etc, and gold pins. The rest of your extractions will need another outlet.

Give me a few minutes there is a lengthy post with various identifications...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

individual components

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:04 pm 

lodos, thanks for bringing my post back, thought I had lost it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to mirror it at some point and clear some extra stuff out to mack somesort of guide from it. Eventually…!

Rcm, n/p. :)
Just cleaned up the code a bit to get the page zoom back in alignment so it's not 6 blocks off the screen, stupid naughty bbcode. ;)