Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm

Post subject: Mobile Phone Boards?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:57 am 

I have these mobile phone boards from an old 90s Nokia. Would they still be classified as clean mobile phone boards? Also what about the little connecting wires and connection ports from the mobile phones, are they any better than gold connector ends?

Attachments:
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3159.jpg [ 1.45 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]
IMG_3023.jpg
IMG_3023.jpg [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]
IMG_3024.jpg
IMG_3024.jpg [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 3596 times ]

Post subject: Re: Mobile Phone Boards?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

The boards there are all cell phone class

That pile of wires;
The connectors can but cut off and put in peripheral because there's no metal. Do bag them though so they don't get lost.
The compression jacks-connectors, little tiny round ones, cut them off and put in gold pins. You'll get a quote and payout aside from the standard stuff once they scan them as long as you have more than a half ounce or so to tip the scale readout . If not enough save them up or put them in peripheral in a bag along with the connectors
The black plastic flat wire is what I keep calling gold laminate. The holy grail of wire scrap. Take it to a large non ferromagnetic recycler or jewellery shop. The individual wires inside are all clean gold.
The clear round wires that are silver looking, Nokia used two types in the early 90s; silver nickel-tin shielded, and palladium nickel, tin shielded. Use a box cutter or utility knife to cut one at a 45• angle, like slicing a fish, and again a jewellery shop buy.
Cut off any gold finger ends, and put with gold fingers.
Any remaining fibre boards go in peripheral
The thick finger key laminated boards go in peripheral if the buttons are grey/silver, telco if they are gold

Remove the plastic she'll from the camera lenses. And remaining populated wire goes in peripheral. Low and unpopulated wires go in mixed wire.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:40 pm 

Lostinlodos sorry to piggy back of this thread but I sent you an email of some the parts so you can let me know which ones wer the ones u wer interested in thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm 

I like to know too. can you load then separate in a picture to make sure of differences? I do have a big pile of the same material. regards,,,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

If the op is willing to spread them out more and take a larger photo, I'd be able to sort it down better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 am 
Site Admin

Ohkay here's what I currently have on site for sorting
Hopefully this makes it somewhat easier

Left to right: telco, peripheral, mixed-wire

Selling local?
A small number of recyclers will call this copper board or wire bird, the rest won't know what to do with it and look at you like you have 6 heads before offering one grade or another of cbm, if that.

A very small number of these, most commonly from iPod/iPhone, old Nokias, and Motorola and Samsung phones will go as cell class. The cell class boards are almost 75% covered in IC chips, retain their fingers (you didn't cut them off), and have negligible blank space.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 3524 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:06 pm 

thanks for the data for better sorting one more question. can you show a clear example of that black wire (The holy grail of wire scrap) when y started I was throwing every flexible thing to the mix wire box and cutting only the showed gold. write now I'm sending 40 pounds of smart phones to boardsort and keep 85 pounds of older ones for scrapping

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

gold laminate