Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:07 pm 

Tried to post a pic but it keeps saying message has too few characters. I'll try again later. One I believe is a amd k6 black top- the metal cap is black around the edges. The letters on it aren't etched into the metal like the other k6's I've seen. The 2nd is an ceramic Intel a80502 with Malay ES on it. Engineering sample? 3rd is non ceramic Intel i486 KU80486sx-25. It looks like a double stacked green&black fiber chip. Supposedly made to reduce heat. Any info would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

You need to type out something in the text box to post a new thread
The 502 may get some interest
fibre 386 and 486 CPUs were made late in the Pentium era in most cases
and are worth less, for recovery, and about the same as a collectable. Like brushed or whisked/whizzed coins, they are good for filling spaces in a collection but don't really truly count as having the real deal. Though a completist or inclusionist may be interested. But here a photo is a must with clear I'd numbers to be sure.

The black k6 CPUs... If ALL the pins are intact there's some value there but I can't begin to tell you what .

Es if actually an engineering sample and not another code are problematic since they're not technically legal to own . No one will come knocking on your door 20 years later but they were stolen at some point in the process.