Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:04 pm 
Reputable Seller

Dcbait wrote:
Oh, okay. Thanks for all your help!! I think I've got enough info to put together my 1st shipment. Are the flat rate boxes from the post office the best way to go? Also, if you you don't mind me asking... Where do you guys source your stuff? I am having a hard time finding people willing to give stuff away here in Illinois. I've went through all my old stuff and found a couple pc's on the curb. But now I'm empty lol.

Depending on what you are shipping, you can go USPS Flat Rate. Last week, I packed a large flat rate full of HDD logic boards and RAM and the total weight of the box was 20 pounds. Shipping and insurance on the package was around $22, which was about 10% of what the payout was on the load. Other things that are too costly to ship compared to profit, I have a local buyer for.

As for finding scrap, I would make up some business cards and get them out to businesses in your area. Recently, the agent that sold me and my wife life insurance referred me to his brother who ran a small business and they are in the process of cleaning out some closets that were packed with old computer equipment.