Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm

Post subject: Indentification
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 pm 

Need help sorting these boards. I believe the top board is an Ethernet board. Bottom left is a Dell docking station and bottom right is an Industrial control panel board.

Attachments:
Boards 1.jpg
Boards 1.jpg [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 5055 times ]

Post subject: Re: Indentification
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 pm 
Reputable Seller

The board from the Dell docking station appears to be peripheral grade. The control panel board may pass as telecom due to healthy IC population and what I believe are tantalum capacitors. The ethernet switch board could be peripheral or telecom, but I'm leaning on the side of peripheral.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:09 pm 

I'm new here but love the attractive pricing. I've been selling most of my materials to another facility in Bellview Florida. I have a 5 gallon bucket of what they considered to be Gold Plated Connectors. I asked their supervisor what exactly this means. The response I got was "Visible Gold Plated Connectors". So, I've collected ALOT of different shapes and sizes based on "Visible Gold Plated Connectors". Some are metal, some are plastic, some are small, some are large, and they are ALL different. Does Boardsort buy these based on the same "Visible" idea?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:35 am 
Reputable Seller

From what you describe, your bucket of gold plated connectors will be bought as cable ends. Depending on how much you have, you may be able to pour the entire contents of your bucket into a large flat rate box and ship it to boardsort and what you get for it less shipping may be more than what you get selling locally.

EwasteBucky wrote:
I'm new here but love the attractive pricing. I've been selling most of my materials to another facility in Bellview Florida. I have a 5 gallon bucket of what they considered to be Gold Plated Connectors. I asked their supervisor what exactly this means. The response I got was "Visible Gold Plated Connectors". So, I've collected ALOT of different shapes and sizes based on "Visible Gold Plated Connectors". Some are metal, some are plastic, some are small, some are large, and they are ALL different. Does Boardsort buy these based on the same "Visible" idea?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:56 am 

You can get about 20lbs in a large flat rate box, maybe more, maybe less, and it cost the same to ship as you would be paid. Sell it local.