Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

Post subject: Re: What is it?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 pm 

lostinlodos wrote:
Trimming the edges is a lost cause. They don’t go as gold fingers (there’s far less gold in flashing than in wedge and finger connectors).
You’d then have a pile of peripheral trimmings and a pile of peripheral boards. ;)
that very generous estimate when a board is devalued like that they might not even buy it..

lostinlodos wrote:
You are correct on pins. I usually put them on pill bottles but any sealed plastic container works generally. Just put a Not in the box that says they are there; and email Chris with your order number and let him know pins are acoming!

indeed^
I also make note of them on the online qoute notes,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Chris is actually one of the higher payers for gold plate scrap I use. There ARE higher payers but you need serious volume before they will even consider buying plate.
If you stick with what they want, you’re in good hands
Pins, tiny empty connector contacts (microphone and phono jacks, must be empty), gold on steal dampening edges (rare these days); my math says they’re in the range of 88%-92% valuation lately. Which really is the higher end. Most junk jewellery buyers are 70-80% value. Recyclers are worse and cash for gold is a scam in most cases at sub-50% valuations

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:45 am 

cash4gold ugh dont even get me started ...along with the other top 3 of those sites you know who you are !

putting all those other sites and stuff aside for a momment im telling all to whom it may apply that if you have something like this
download/file.php?id=10103&mode=view

and cut of the edges OFF what you will have is something that dose not fit into boardsort class sytem and THEY will not buy (PROBABLY either part) if you want to start that kinda stuff then this isnt the place for that .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Evil is correct. You’ve got a mess doing that.
They will take them once, maybe twice, but you’re going to find them get fairly, um, stern in rebuking you.
The board becomes peripheral by default without its edges, (there are exceptions but I’m not helping on something boardsort frowns upon).
and the edges may get peripheral the first time round but not twice. You’ll find they get midgrade almost universally.

Oh, and evil, I wasn’t even talking about we steel gold from you dot con. One of their employees is why I became a moderator. Worse than cancer, cancer is dead with radiation. Blast those guys and they become ConZilla. Or maybe gremlins, or Borg. Self replicating demonic minions.
I could go on for days, weeks, on those people.

But cash for gold and we buy gold shop fronts in general are like coffee bars and hookah lounges. Quick fix instant gratification. But you’re not getting your value out of it. Most won’t take electronic scrap in the first place though.