Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 am

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:47 am 

Been saving these up for a while. I've always assumed that the chip was gold but I have never seen them on here. Do they have any value?

Attachments:
IMG_0114[1].JPG
IMG_0114[1].JPG [ 2.53 MiB | Viewed 2634 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:12 pm 

jack6278 wrote:
Been saving these up for a while. I've always assumed that the chip was gold but I have never seen them on here. Do they have any value?

they go as gold pins (NOT the same as gold connectors). Trim them close, keep them separate, email Chris to notify him that they are included. They will scan locally for payout based on gold content there's not a set rate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:58 pm 

Merkman wrote:
jack6278 wrote:

they go as gold pins (NOT the same as gold connectors). Trim them close, keep them separate, email Chris to notify him that they are included. They will scan locally for payout based on gold content there's not a set rate.

i believe they are bought as ''SIM cards'' rate not as good as ''clean gold pins''..but the rest is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:12 pm 

evilrick81 wrote:
Merkman wrote:
jack6278 wrote:

i believe they are bought as ''SIM cards'' rate not as good as ''clean gold pins''..but the rest is correct.

Just going off what @lost told me when I inquired about the same thing a while back :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

At one time they were quoted in the fashion of having to send them in for a quote, like gold pins are. On cards it depends on the size and style of the chip
However:
They do currently have a class, that’s not listed , for SIM cards. Your best value option is to CUT the contact chip from the bulk of the card. (Don’t try to bend them off, most will split and the two separated pieces are not buyable for Boardsort). Four snips and you now have a SIM card. They’ve ranged from 25c-75c pp over the years. I’ve no idea where they are now.

The plastic wire connectors will go as gold pin connectors.
The little brown card goes in peripheral.