Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:03 am 

Barn find. Not sure I want to do another "barn find"! OK, yes I do!

I was told the unit was put in the barn in excellent working order some 19 years ago and was stored under a tarp. Well, rats moved in and destroyed the copier.
They didn't chew a wire. However, their urine or more to the point, the ammonia in their urine rusted out a considerable amount of this thing making the copier useless for anything other than an anchor for an aircraft carrier. Amazing, the destruction ammonia can do to steel over time. A thorough hosing down of the copier was in order before mining anything. It stunk to high heaven in the heat and humidity.

Anyway, some fairly decent PCBDs came out. It was also a gold mine for quite a few EPROMs of the ceramic with clear window variety. Some with a bit of gold inside the window. Yes, I pulled them. Just need some help identifying the boards please.

Thank you,

RustyFuryIII

Attachments:
IMG_7798.JPG
IMG_7798.JPG [ 2.72 MiB | Viewed 2384 times ]
File comment: Back of 7790
IMG_7791.JPG
IMG_7791.JPG [ 1.48 MiB | Viewed 2384 times ]
File comment: Front of 7791
IMG_7790.JPG
IMG_7790.JPG [ 2.33 MiB | Viewed 2384 times ]
IMG_7789.JPG
IMG_7789.JPG [ 2.87 MiB | Viewed 2384 times ]
IMG_7788.JPG
IMG_7788.JPG [ 2.87 MiB | Viewed 2384 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Midgrade

Peripheral (suggestion, use a part of pliers or snips to cut off ONE of those push button switches and see if it’s silver alloy, or a gold plate, if they’re gold you’ll be better served dissecting the board and sending the switch pieces for a “gold pin” quote and the ICs over the very borderline board)

Yank off that large canister capacitor and should be good for peripheral

Peripheral (this one should have had a gold cap controller...hope you got that and now someone else)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 pm 

Hi Lost,

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Concerning the last board, peripheral, the one you mentioned I should have gotten a gold cap IC and not someone else.

I pulled all of the ceramic ICs from all of the boards. I was the only one who's been inside this unit since it was put away 19 years ago. All of the sockets that are empty now, are ones I pulled ICs from.

All of the IC's I pulled were ceramic. All of them had clear windows, two of them had gold visible inside the windows, the remaining others had what I assume to be silver inside them. Are those what you were speaking of? I thought they were all some sort of EPROM?

In addition, I took your suggestion and pulled one of the push buttons from the board with the display. It was silver in color, no gold. Should I remove the display or does it affect the grade?

Thanks again,

RFIII

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

You should be ohkay with the display on. Those aren’t easy to remove.
The last board, yes probably uvePROM and memory ICs.
Lack of a gold cap proves my comment earnings, nothing is set in stone; there are always exceptions. Lol.
Sorry it wasn’t better for you though.