Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:36 am 

Hi everyone, obviously New here. Please forgive the question dump that follows I've been reading and looking around the site and tons of YouTube on recycling. So I thought I would give it a try. I have a few large boxes with mixed boards in them but not really sure what they would be classified as, any help in identifying or how to sort/class them and get the most money. Attached are some pics, they are identical boards front and back for each pic. Also I notice that a lot of the boards have chips with a gold corner on them. Is it better to leave them intact or remove to sell separately.

Attachments:
IMAG0314.jpg
IMAG0314.jpg [ 2.02 MiB | Viewed 3674 times ]
File comment: I will remove the battery.
IMAG0310.jpg
IMAG0310.jpg [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 3674 times ]
File comment: In this it has a daughter board, separate?
IMAG0309.jpg
IMAG0309.jpg [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 3674 times ]
IMAG0308.jpg
IMAG0308.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 3674 times ]
File comment: Note 4 chips with gold corner and there appears to be green fiber surrounding the black
IMAG0307.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg [ 1.36 MiB | Viewed 3674 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:34 am 

I'm going to give this a shot to test myself if not help you. But don't take what I say as the last word. I'm sure a moderator or other forum member with more knowledge than I will respond.
Photo 1 (top) Large skt mobo
Photo 2 Small skt mobo
Photo 3 If "daughter" board is removed, then finger card. I suspect whether or not to remove will depend on what's on the main board out of sight and what's on the underside of the attached board.
Photo 4 Finger card
Photo 5 Due to the number of gold pin connectors present and the lack of degrading capacitors, I would think this one better than peripheal but most likely not telecom due to lack of density of IC's.
On this board in particular, if you removed the flatpacks (gold arrowed corner) I believe it would downgrade it. But I'd be guessing if I put a grade on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:11 am 

Thanks Flints74. It's a start, as I think I agree with you for the most part. I will separate the daughter board and post back with updated pics later today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 pm 
Reputable Seller

First photo appears to be more of a motherboard with a soldered CPU, which will go as a small socket board.

Second photo is a small socket board. Don't forget about the battery.

Third photo will go as a fingered card. The extra board in there may go as peripheral.

Fourth photo is a fingered card.

Last photo could fetch telecom pricing given the number of flatpacks present, but I'm more in favor of letting it go as peripheral.