Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:53 pm 

Are the Capacitors worth anything?
Is the board layered with silver or it is just a silver colored overlay?
Will this fall under Low Grade Board?

I already took off the really nice thick gold fingers but wanted to know if there was anything else valuable left on it.

Attachments:
IMG_20180925_164626[1].jpg
IMG_20180925_164626[1].jpg [ 2.87 MiB | Viewed 1771 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

That’s a shield matrix. I have zero doubt on that grid; instantly identifiable. Keeps signals in (and out). It may be worth sending in. I have a feeling it’s nickel, tin and aluminium make poor shields, and silver is self resonate, creates new signal noise from the combination of in and out. So nickel is about all I can think off of at the moment. Which could well be just enough to push it into peripheral.

With a frequency processor and a SNC on the board I’m guessing some air of antenna or diagnostic board. Again leading me to believe the matrix is for actually use and not just for looks. Ergo nickel and not aluminium.
My thought is peripheral but if it’s heavier than it looks you could shoot a message with the photo to Chris to see if he has a thought by photo alone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 am 

Thanks for all the info, it is actually a little heavy but that may be due to the transformers on there, the wire wrapped around the round chunk of metal. I am guessing I need to take these off. That is good to know that it is a bit more than low grade board. I have about 10 of them, they came out of an old piece of equipment that I believe was used to testing stuff, if I remember correctly the screen was just waves of lines, not sure what those are called.