Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Post subject: Board ID help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 pm 

Can you guys tell me what boards these are classified as? The bottom picture is boards from floppy drives and cd drives but i cannot remember which were which. Please help

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 5231 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.55 MiB | Viewed 5231 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 5231 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 5231 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 5232 times ]

Post subject: Re: Board ID help
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 pm 
Reputable Seller

The first photo is a hard drive with logic board attached. Remove the small screws along the edges and corners to separate the board. The hard drive itself is mostly aluminum, but I would go ahead and take the time to completely separate it as you will get a rare earth magnet out of it as well and those come in handy if you scrap more than just computers.

the second photo shows what I believe is a CD/DVD controller from a laptop CD/DVD drive. Check with boardsort on those specifically, but laptop CD/DVD boards may pay more than desktop CD/DVD boards. The other board in the second photo is from a floppy drive. Those get peripheral grade as long as the gold pins are attached.

The last set of boards you have I see mostly CD/DVD boards, but the three that are on the bottom are more in line with peripheral grade boards. One of the CD/DVD boards looks like it has the drive motor attached to it. It would need to be removed before purchased. The drive motor can go with your copper bearing motors or if you really want to take the time to open it for the little bit of copper inside, you can.

Post subject: Re: Board ID help
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:57 pm 

That kind of laptop cd rom board to the left in the second picture I keep it with my telecom due to the ic chip population on both sides.