Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:51 am 

Ive been saving up the batteries i take off the Motherboards for a very long time now. Will Boardsort ever start buying those or can anyone let me know who does buy them?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Boardsort does not; and probably won’t in the future.
You can google sell watch batteries
But for me I just tape them up and dump them at the hardware store drop bin now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 am 

Ok, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

The issue is transport.
There are many dozens of hundreds of buyers. But the lithium is federally regulated. It must ship ground period, now.
So you’re looking at parcel post or Fedex business ground. Etc. Where the transit times are up in the month range. And they’re not inexpensive to ship.
If you put the effort in you /could/ make money from them but it’s more trouble than I’m willing to deal with personally.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:07 am 

I'm still new to this whole e-scrapping thing. I had watched a video on taking apart a tv. (I was interested in the speakers.) Well the video suggested that I could sell the circuit boards, so I grabbed them while I was at it. Well, I did an internet search looking for places to sell circuit boards. I e-mailed several companies. Well there is one company that actually sent me a payout list that includes Silver Oxide Batteries - Watch at $29.33/lb. I personally wasn't interested in this company, because you had to have a certain number of pounds of an item before they would buy them. I'm not sure if I can post their name or not, because they are one of boardsort.com competitors. If lost says I can post their contact info, I will post their e-mail address. I guess I am just trying to say they do exist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:10 am 

roach1229 wrote:
I'm still new to this whole e-scrapping thing. I had watched a video on taking apart a tv. (I was interested in the speakers.) Well the video suggested that I could sell the circuit boards, so I grabbed them while I was at it. Well, I did an internet search looking for places to sell circuit boards. I e-mailed several companies. Well there is one company that actually sent me a payout list that includes Silver Oxide Batteries - Watch at $29.33/lb. I personally wasn't interested in this company, because you had to have a certain number of pounds of an item before they would buy them. I'm not sure if I can post their name or not, because they are one of boardsort.com competitors. If lost says I can post their contact info, I will post their e-mail address. I guess I am just trying to say they do exist.

Thank you very much for the help!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Motherboard batteries are not silver oxide. They are dry cell lithium. Market value today is a few pennies each in bulk properly taped.

Flyers, don’t post your own accessibility here. You know there’s spammers lurking.
Last thing you want is to end up with your phone on one of those lists. I speak from experience.
They drive you into the ground with their calling.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:08 pm 

lostinlodos wrote:
Motherboard batteries are not silver oxide. They are dry cell lithium. Market value today is a few pennies each in bulk properly taped.

Flyers, don’t post your own accessibility here. You know there’s spammers lurking.
Last thing you want is to end up with your phone on one of those lists. I speak from experience.
They drive you into the ground with their calling.

Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Then again, I toy with them if I have time to kill.
Especially tech scammers.
‘Open your chrome google’
I don’t have chrome.
You open your internet explorer then.
I don’t have that. I have a Mac remember. No control key.
Yes yes ok then use the foxfire.
I don’t have that
How do you use the internets
I use Safari
FINE open the safari and type in team viewer...
team space viewer
NO NO space type what i tell you
Team...
(30 minutes later)
Ok so I type in the code and then it says connecting but it says the computer can not connect. Why can’t I connect. You should help me better.
Yes yes I will fix it. That is why I call you. You can see you have trouble now with the spam and I help you fix it
Ok
(Another 30 minutes)
Caller:Hold on I must ask the supervisor. He will fix it.
3rd person on line now:
Hello I will help you now.
Me:ok
3rd: I recognise your voice. is this Lodos? Why you do this.
Me: You called me again. I missed you. I just like to talk. If I talk long enough you get on the line.
3rd hang up he is a rascal. Lodos is always a rascal.
Me: thanks for calling!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:03 pm 

Love this...you rascal!