Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

Post subject: I'm a noob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:57 am 

As the title says, I'm a noob. I run a computer repair shop that winds up with my fair share of clunker electronics and am wanting to do something with them. I have them currently parted out and somewhat sorted. What should I look to send in? What's better going to my local recycle center? I haven't removed my gold fingers because I read another post that it actually depreciates the value.

I used to take everything to my local recycling company, but they only pay about $0.03 per lb.

Post subject: Re: I'm a noob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

You can scan over the payout rates linked at the top of every page to see how boardsort pays out. But even the lowest value boards are paid more than your local prices.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:23 am 

indeed it's all out shipping... if your shipping threw a career like ''fedex'' figuring out a bottom line is what you need to do for me thats about $1.10 so nothing that has a vaule under a 1.10 per lb will i bother with .of course you might beable to find a differnt answer then me but thats just what i have figured out.
if you are a driver instead of a shipper than yeah anything sold there will be equal to or greater than what your getting locally

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 am 
Site Admin

As I mentioned elsewhere FedEx has a business option that has much lower rates than consumer counter rates. And a corporate system that’s even lower still.
It takes a lot of digging etc to get there.
Fastest route is through ebay. Become a seller, sell something, anything, and then use the seller center screen to access tools and sign up with Fedex. For me the break even point is about 60-70č per lb. I use mixed wire as my packing material.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 am 

Thanks everyone for the tips! I run a repair shop and wind up with a bit here in there. It adds up to scrap once or twice a year. Does anyone here do it on a larger scale?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:21 am 

lostinlodos wrote:
As I mentioned elsewhere FedEx has a business option that has much lower rates than consumer counter rates. And a corporate system that’s even lower still.
It takes a lot of digging etc to get there.
Fastest route is through ebay. Become a seller, sell something, anything, and then use the seller center screen to access tools and sign up with Fedex. For me the break even point is about 60-70č per lb. I use mixed wire as my packing material.

wire as packing material is quite genius!