Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Post subject: Re: Main boards
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 pm 

Brassbuster is correct!!!! Any HEATSINK that is clearly not copper, make sure and nick the ones that look nickel/tin coated that it isnt copper hiding under it. If not copper it should be sold as Extruded Aluminum. Not every scrap yard pays out for extruded from what i have found here.

And i believe if we take the time to remove the heat sinks the boards value could go up in value a small amount for saving youll time of removing them. Just my 2 cents it does cut down on shipping by being able to stake boards better and get more in a box with them off. Once again just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 pm 

I am very new to this so please forgive my stupidity in what things are called. In reference to the second picture... Should you remove the obvious copper wire on the board before selling and does the degrade the price of the board? Would they still buy boar if removed? Also in the second pic, in the white things that you plug into (whatever they are called) is the gold colored pins inside gold and would u be better to remove it or sell the board as is? Thank you!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:34 pm 

Didn't know that you could click on box to get notifications of replies to this post until after I sent my message so doing that with this message. No new questions. Thanks again!!