Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:25 am

Post subject: Re: Refurbisment
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Auction houses and resale
Craig’s list and related
Private sales
So what is refurbishment exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 pm 

sorry, life got busy, we are going to mostly be taking donations from business and government agency of old computers and equipment, cleaning it, reformatting it, and ideally getting it into the hands of low income families and returning veterans, but i am also going to try to sell some of the excess stuff second hand (probably through some of the methods you shared here) in order to help fund the program.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 am 
Site Admin

I’m not done, just got complicated here myself. I’m going to get into some of the above remaining list today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Equipment buyers:
Let’s be realistic here. We’re not selling PCs to equipment buyers. We’re talking mainframes, bobcats, building level security systems, mri machines.
If you come across something and it’s in this size class, grab your phone or tablet and head to the yellow pages and/or yelp. Skip google and bing for this stuff. Look up equipment rental, industrial rental, etc. Many of these places also buy working equipment.
However I bring up equipment companies because they’re also a good place to find past its prime equipment for scrapping below its value.

Small scale auction sites:
This is a mixed bag. By default always be weary. There are literally hundreds of thousands of not millions of small dedicated auction platforms. This also includes auction programs via retailers! Tiger direct, Sams club, etc. Have auction programs. Got something unique and special? An anniversary mac? Try giving heritage a call. Got a transistor from 1950? Try camera auctions plus.
Here the must know though...!
Never wire money via bank transfers, don’t use pony, western union, etc.
Try to stick to PayPal and bidpay. At least initially. Where you have some levels of protection.
Many of these sites also use crypto currency. Bitcoin, litecoin, bid coin. I’ll get into crypto later. There’s a lot to it and I’m still amateurish after years of minor use. We’ll leave crypto for the moment at, do be tech savvy, and don’t start off with it.
Moving on!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Auction houses. Well, this is straight forward. Look up local auction companies. Then head to yelp and angie’s list and check out their reviews.
Most aren’t interested is selling off your 30 dell and compq computers from 2001. But when you have WORKING very old (pre-mid 90s) or relatively new (post 2010) stuff they well may be interested.
Especially laptops and gaming computers!
Many retailers have buy back and trade in programs too, so look into that as well. Best Buy, Amazon, walmart, etc.