Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:17 am 
Site Admin

Depends on what they came from but in general five cents to 25 cents per pound.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 am 

lostinlodos wrote:
Depends on what they came from but in general five cents to 25 cents per pound.

And by that you mean, totally depopulated?

PRD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Yes. As in surface empty, as if you took a reciprocating scrapper and took the top layer off.
A late 70s video deck boat if full of lead silver, and copper, despite being brown.
A 2015 usb expansion controller board has almost no value in the board itself; with minimal traces and what’s actually there being copper and aluminium.

Like anything the better you sort (and more you have) the more room you have to negotiate multiple prices.

On of my buyers has two classes on brown boards, old bare brown and new bare brown. The age factor not being set in stone (for me anyway) as I sort by what they want in the classes.
Old gets me 35c per lb last week, and ‘new’ getting me 3c per lb. with numbers like that you can understand boardsort’s pricing on low and mid.
Boardsort will take SOME bare boards that started at or above peripheral; at the low grade rate.

Keep in mind if you look long enough and hard enough you can find someone to buy your used toilet paper, poo and all.
People in the early days of ebay did sell and BUY bags of crap. There’s a buyer for everything.

Back to boards: scraping, sniping stuff off lowers value. How much you can make on bares is up to who you sell to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:50 pm 

ST-e-Wrecycling wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do with excess "waste plastic" that is on the outsides of Computers and Printers??? I would be willing to sell it but most places aren't even willing to talk to you unless you have "TON" of it and a ton takes of quite a bit of space and getting to that much I think would take a while.

You can always bring it to township recycling centers, and at least then it has less of a chance to end up in a landfill. Or, if a local pc recycling center offers free recycling, you can bring it in with other assorted materials.