Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 am 
Site Admin

FREE E-SCRAP DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR

Can you imagine people bringing old computers to your door for free and even thanking you for taking them off of your hands? This can happen and it is easier than you think.

Many municipalities have strict regulations dealing with the disposal of electronic waste. Most people have no idea what to do with that broken computer that is taking up space in the basement especially if they can't throw it into the garbage can.

Here is where you come into the picture. Promote the fact that you will accept these computers for free. There are many free and low cost ways in which you can do this including posting ads on craigslist, classified ads and even flyers.

If you do not have a location where people can easily access, or if you would rather not share your address with the world, you can offer to pick up the electronics for free. If you schedule these pickups for the same general time you can find yourself with a car/truck load of computers in a minimal amount of travel.

Folks will appreciate the idea that you are willing to go out of your way to solve a problem for them for free. They get rid of their trash and you gain some free e-scrap. It's a win/win.

Small computer shops also generate a fair amount of e-scrap. You might make a deal with them to save it all for you, or even offer to buy it. Our prices are always available so you will know exactly what you can pay. A computer shop is a business therefor they are always open to new revenue, especially on items they never considered selling before, like broken stuff.

You might also create a simple webpage which explains that you will pick up or accept drop offs of scrap computers and electronics. Make sure you include the city name in your website. If you live in Anytown, USA you might name your webpage Anytown Computer Recycling and your domain name anytowncomputerrecycling.com.

That seems like a really long domain name, but search engines like Google love them. If a user types "computer recycling in anytown" into Google, your site will get special consideration in the users results list because all three of those keywords appear both in the domain name and in your webpage.

Many of our customers use all of these methods and more to gather material. Good luck! There are millions upon millions of computers out there waiting to be recycled.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 pm 

This is so true. I put a few flyers up at local stores and an ad on craigslist a year ago and since then I have cleaned out an old school a closed computer repair business and I'm constantly picking up from local businesses. This is a great side job and electronics are constantly out dating so there will always be a constant supply.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:53 am 

This is what I do to get free computers. It's not a spam link it's what I have built up over the last 4 years
enjoy
joem
http://www.recyclynx.com

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:32 pm 

I don't mean any disrespect, but the webpage format is your typical scam site layout, little info on the site, and the website has only been online for 1 month and 20 days. Factor in that your one and only post is to advertize and everyone can draw their own opionons of the site.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm 

Nice site. Very professional layout. I am jealous. Take a bite out of landfill. Nice kitty.