Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:24 pm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 pm 

Just entered a partnership with a local scrap and recycling yard. The owner has a contract with NASA, received 6 huge mainframe server units designed by Syber Systems,(model 7800, i believe) would have to recheck that info; dated from 1980's to 2000.

We also have a large volume of PC components such as, RAM, CPU's, Expansion cards, HDD's, CD drives, Old floppy drives, Mother boards and so on. Literally tons.

Much of this material dates from the 1980's to early 1990's. Quite frankly, the amount is insane. I need honest, reliable recyclers'.

We are removing the material that we can easily recover the gold from but the rest will still have a huge amount of precious metals that we just can not deal with. In nut shell I need input, ask questions, I can send photo's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

The fastest way to figure out values is to look through the forums. A few of us have posted quite a bit of old stuff over time. There's some mainframe and mini units as well.
You can use that to figure grades and rates.
And feel free to post any photos you'd like in the identification topic.
We all answer fairly quickly.

True mainframe units (room sized giant metal box) tend to have low grade and telco boards and not much inbetween. And hundreds of lbs of wire.
Servers, (many metal boxes in tall rack shelves), will run the full range from low grade to telco, and older ones will have some gold cap chip boards. And nowhere near as much wire.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:50 am 

joekbit wrote:
Just entered a partnership with a local scrap and recycling yard. The owner has a contract with NASA, received 6 huge mainframe server units designed by Syber Systems,(model 7800, i believe) would have to recheck that info; dated from 1980's to 2000.

We also have a large volume of PC components such as, RAM, CPU's, Expansion cards, HDD's, CD drives, Old floppy drives, Mother boards and so on. Literally tons.

Much of this material dates from the 1980's to early 1990's. Quite frankly, the amount is insane. I need honest, reliable recyclers'.

We are removing the material that we can easily recover the gold from but the rest will still have a huge amount of precious metals that we just can not deal with. In nut shell I need input, ask questions, I can send photo's

Hello,

we can recycle this for you, just send me an Email and we will take all your scrap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:19 am 

Can we have the last post removed? Trying to hawk the core business from Boardsort on their own website (which was set up for the betterment of the community) is terribly unprofessional at best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 am 

actually, I would suggest a banning of this member... or at the very least keeping an eye on his posts in the future. 2 of his 3 posts have been trying to solicit business.

I would have sent this in a private message to a moderator, but since our PM system was disabled because of this kind of actions, I have to post this in open forum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

We're watching; including Chris. Lol