Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:07 am 

.gorillabins.ca

The junk removal service provider in their blog article has some valuable information on electronic waste disposal.
I lost my some good collection of music I had of the ABBA and BTS that I had saved in my desktop which I use to try playing for our kids Robert and Anne. This particular article made me contact the team, so that I know the junk is clearly disposed off rather than some being left behind.
I would like to just go through these. Sure it is sort of light, but gives some soothing to the environment too.
Electronics are never stable in the fast moving world. Each day a new device or appliance better than the last model is being introduced. Some keep on to the one they were using. Some go for the new model. And finds difficulty in placing the old one. The first thing that pops into mind is to remove it off. There are right and wrong methods which can be implemented for the junk removal.
Items that can be Recycled:
    Display items like monitors and TV screens
    Desktop Computers
    Laptop computers and tablets
    Computer accessories
    Printers and copiers
    Telephones and answering machines
    Cell phones and pagers
    Speakers and home theatre equipments
    Camcorders, DVD players and other video devices.
Most cities have a drop-off centre for electronics. A local waste disposal company or the city can help you with the guidelines of electronic waste disposal.
    Utilising Drop-off Centres: Landfills can be cleared off 70% of electronics if we properly make use of electronic drop-off sites.
    The Three Rs: Hanging on to the old and working appliances would make more of a sense in the long run. Always ask the question, “Do we really need that new electronic gadget?“ before going for the new one.
    Dropped-off items: Waste materials from electronics such as mercury, beryllium, lead, and other flame retardant materials are sent to processing facilities to safely remove these and make the unwanted electronics meet a responsible end. This way they are recycled safely so as to not contaminate soil.

Code:
removed link

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:38 pm 

its probably not the best idea to lead off with a link promoting another companies business as your first post. it looks an awful lot like spam and people can be banned for such misuse of the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

He’s fine. I looked over the site. They’re not a direct competitor so I’ll let it slide.
Much like much like 888haulitt and 800 got junk they are a pick up and haul company.
Rent a bin, fill the bin, say goodbye to the bin

I neither support nor discourage on this third party.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:51 am 

I guess more to the point i am getting at is it is his/her only post... with a link posted first thing straight off, and with the way the the rest off the post is written, it reeks of a one-post fly by night spammer... they know enough to link the main page of the company's site, but dont link the page of the article they are refering to???

if this was presented by a more active contributing member of the forum, it would be a different story, but this post if fishy at best

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:44 am 
Site Admin

I don’t doubt that at all. And leaving the single click link in tact is something I’m debating .
Generally I frown upon anyone who wanted to charge you to remove something. They take your money and then scrap your stuff and make money again!
Personally with very few exceptions I haul “junk” for free knowing the “junk” is worth money.

All said I’m leaving this on the hands of K. I’m not willing to kill a legitimate business, but this is getting moved to the business threads.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:57 am 

Electronic Waste Disposal is one of the trickier items to dispose of properly. They contain a lot of chemicals (LED Screens) and need to be disposed of properly. I came across a blog post by a local disposal company here in Toronto, Canada. Give it a read and let me know what you guys think.

://dumpsquad.ca/

Code:
edit:removed sales link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Here’s my thoughts before I lock this
If a recycling company wants to rent you a bin and deduct a fee for it that’s normal business practice. Generally a range of $15-$30 in usd is normal. They DO need to bring that dumpster to you AND pick it up.

Never pay up front for a dumpster rental for any company you are not completely familiar with

The only time you should EVER pay a junk removal service to remove something is if you need it gone yesterday. They charge you for hauling it. Then they sell it and make more money! Not right!

Look no matter what it is SOMEBODY will buy it EVENTUALLY,
Be it frozen dog poop or express overnight air shipping 100 lbs of purified water ice cubes to Alaska. (I’ve sold both)!
As long as it’s not classed HAZMAT someone will buy if.
Ebay, letitgo, Craig’s list, OfferUp. Etc. Someone wants it.