Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:11 pm 

Sure was a good thing finding boardsort. Forum is excellent!!!!!!

Wondering what kinds of formulas people are using to consider the effort in shipping to boardsort a profit/success?

If the return you receive, beats the return of selling locally, are you happy?

Or

Do you work from a percentage? If shipping is 40% of the total transaction? Are you happy? Is it worth your time?

Just wondering what others are doing, especially those with higher shipping costs.

I live in Tucson. The prices for E waste are insulting. One recycler here quoted $ 0.50 a pound (FIFTY CENTS!!!!) a pound ......motherboards, telecom, server boards, memory.......everything......was a lot in the Bay Area where I used to sell.

With a FedEx account it might be possible to send a Gaylord to boardsort for around $300.00(fuel surcharge included). If the profit margins are respectable this could be the start of something good.

Wondering as well about the possibility of the shipping cost being a business expense......could add up at the end of the year......could change the equation some!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:21 am 

Depending on weight of gaylord it could be less then that. If you need a estimate on shipping feel free to give me a call at 814-442-9060 I do alot of LTL freight and get nice discounts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:59 pm 

Thank you gorven
Had seen your posts here and have your number. You were on my list for Monday. Will call.

Gldwrk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Anything larger than a medium flat rate box from the post office, and smaller than a Gaylord, I suggest Fedex.

They also have discounted account shipping; you can opt in or buy in via a major user such as ebay, Amazon, Alibris, etc; or if your a large business you can negotiate your own rates via Fedex business.

Once your in to pallets and gaylords weight matters much less than size and stackability. Secure topped gayloards that can be double stacked will cost less than two side by side.
In that range I suggest a reputable ltl company.
And yes I’d also say phone govern.
Boardsort is a unique tight and defensive community.
If he wasn’t legit we’d have heard about it by now. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:49 pm 

Thanks lostinlodos. Will be crunchin all the numbers this week to see how this might turn out. Thanks for participating here. Learning a lot from you.

Gldwrk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

Somewhere here I have an extensive layout on Fedex (try searching for fedex).
Basically Fedex charges based on girth, more than weight; while both are calculated in pricing.
My experience say use as many small and medium size boxes you can per single order, trying to use more squat boxes is also better. The more stuff they can shove into a full trailer the less it will cost you. A single 4 foot cube will cost more than 4 one foot cubes. Etc. And a four foot rectangle could cost more, or less, depending on dimensions, than a cube.

Amazon boxes work best as they ALL fit the ISO sizing charts used by both Fedex and UPS among many more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am 

Thanks again. Maybe a bunch of smaller boxes would be the way to go. Will talk to gorven today to see what he is able to do. Then add up my inventory with boardsort prices. Am interested to see how the CPU test'n buy option plays out.

We gotta talk to boardsort about a location out west.