Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

Post subject: Pulling chips
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm 

I'm unsure about whether it'd be better to pull the IC chips off of the various boards i have or not. I am by no means a large scale scrapper and i was wondering if i somebody could give me a little advice on whether i should send them as is or if i should pull them off. I depopulated a few & then came across information online that seemed contradictory to what i had already read, which stoked doubt in my mind...now I'm confused and unsure how to proceed. Dumb question, i know. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Pulling chips
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

It depends on what you mean by pull!
removing socketed chips from sockets, especially CPUs, GPUs, and CoPs is normally not only OK, but a wise choice.

Removing SOLDERED ICs is NEVER a good idea unless you have a mid or low grade board, where removing almost anything will be more profitable than leaving it on the board.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:51 am 

Is there a publication or diagram of common types of bord's and IC chips. I got into this very recently and I've been a carpenter or Wild land Firefighter my whole life. Any help would be awesome. I have about 200 lb of stock ready to send in. I don't know whether I should be pulling the little flat ones with the gold corners we're leaving now? Which other ones are valuable to pull off and send in separately? How about the little metal Crystal things? I have some other components from commercial broadcasting video Jax that have gold-plated copper pins and relatively large ones at that. I have several pounds remove connector pins and all kinds of other plated connectors, can I send those in separately? Any help would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

The easiest way to get examples is to click on the names of classes on the payout page. Looks like Chris got everything a picture now.