Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 am

Post subject: Weighing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:24 am 

Hello I am a new user of this site. I shipped my first box last Friday, but have 2 questions I am not able to find answers to in the forum.

Weighing items - Since my scale might not be 100% accurate
I tend to use the lower numbers to be safe, example If my weigh shows 3lbs 6.4 oz, I will use 3lbs 5 oz on the instant quote. My question does Boardsort correct items if they are incorrect?

2nd question - It strongly recommends sending your tracking number to boardsort, however; the only address I could find for that was for Chris@boardsort, so that is who I sent it to, is that correct or should it go to someone else.

I want to thank BoardSort and this Forum, great information on some many topics, and also for providing such a great service to us.

Post subject: Re: Weighing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Your weights need to be close. Not perfect. And yes you will get the proper weight and payout based on the certified scale they have.

Chris is who you send the tracking numbers to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:13 pm 

Thanks you for a quick response, I am trying my best to comply with all the posted procedures.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 pm 

fantasic work on this lost as expected ...

but let me just tell all this...you need to get yourself a good scale...

that is something i discorved the hard way.. ''low balling'' your self on the weight is a good pratice for when dealling with a scrapyard [of anykind] in person,especally with one like this who will go above and beyond to make things right with you if errors ocurs on there side..

but in your reply you said ''you shipped to them '' meaning there was a 3rd party envoled that likes to deal with precise numbers unless other wise noted..those [fedex,ups, usps, frate ...any flate rate packages] sometimes a half a pound can make all the differance in the world and cut into your profits .

for example go to one of those online package rate caulcutor sites use your own or boardsort.com shiping info for both fields
then make a 20lb box
for dimminsions 12x12x12
click get rate
then change the 20 to 21 lbs and so on and and notice the cost for that box will change ..ect ect just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

accutek / weighmaster
Most trusted names in industrialisation.
The single complaint is on table top scales and post scales you need to tap/push/press hard once and zero out before you weigh the first package. Each time you turn it on.
Buy new (and be happy)! People trash these things so never bu a used one.
But starting at $20 and most being $60-$120 they are reliable and dependable. I have a postal scale that is still going (most of the time) +\- 2 ounces. After 14 YEARS of abuse. My small dock scale (450lb .2oz acc) is still within the one ounce drift range after 9 years. It got run over once!

If you use a shipping service like endicia or PB or stampsdotcom the difference of 15.5oz FCM and 1lb priority is epic on the bank account. Being off by a pound on a large dimension box can cost you more than $10.