Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:52 am 

Aloha from the new guy,
Please excuse me if this question is a prime example of ignorance. I am new to your Forum, but I do have a significant amount of electronic scrap I am considering selling to Boardsort if I can justify that. I say that because I live in Hawaii, and am unsure whether I will be able to realize any degree of profit, or even come close enough to justify the time and effort to price and prepare the items for shipping once the cost of that shipping is factored in.
Today I began the multi-faceted undertaking of learning all of the parts of the equation that will make that determination. FYI, there are no businesses in Hawaii that buy electronic scrap. You can drop it off at E-Waste, but no compensation is offered. I suspect the major factor in the absence of electronic scrap recycling for profit, is Shipping. If you want to ship anything that will take less than 45 days, then it must go via Air freight. Our options are considerably less than our counterparts in the mainland thanks to rail and trucking. But I should stick to the topic at hand. Sorry.
So today, the first item I decided to look up a price for was an Intel G630T CPU. I first looked in the "Tested CPU Price" section, but did not find any Gxxx listed CPU's. I am not sure if that is because I am unaware that it is most commonly known as a particular "I" Series Generation? or that it simply is not listed there for your own business marketing reasons? If it turns out that is is intentionally not listed in the "Tested CPU Price list", is it a "P4/Green Fiber With Metal" CPU? Please advise when time permits.
I appreciate your efforts to respond to my question. I am anxious to do business with Boardsoft, I just need to be sure I am making the most logical decision that will be a win-win for the both of us. Mahalo.
Respectfully, Robert Ciano

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:58 am 
Site Admin

That cpu is outside their chosen working cpu chips. Currently it is pinless. (I’m almost positive that’s an LGA, land grid, rather than PGA, pin grid, chip: if it has pins it’s green fibre with metal).