Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Post subject: batterys on all boards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:18 pm 

Hi everyone i am very new too this e-scraping and i love it i have learned alot from everyone here at this site thank you. My question is are there more then one batterys on any boards i can only seem to be able to find one i am not sure what i am looking for please help i dont want to leave any on boards when i ship them

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:06 am 

I would not expect to see more than one battery on a single board. Just keep in mind that you may find a battery in a lot of other devices in addition to motherboards. Most batteries you find are the coin type, mounted flat or in a vertical position, likely what you've been pulling. On some occasions, you may find one that is wrapped, or encased in a rubbery plastic, you'll see a wire or metal tab slipped under the material that attaches to the face of it, or both faces if it is vertical.

I make it practice to scan for the battery as soon as I pull a board, get it done first, and then I double check before putting it to a shipping container. You are probably doing fine. If you are not sure of something, don't be afraid to post a picture. These guys around here are more than willing to help out.